A private bank is seeking an Institutional Custody Manager to join their Institutional Custody department to assist with the identification and promotion of the Bank’s Custody and Custodian/Trustee services through business development and marketing opportunities.
- Assist in the regular review of existing client revenues to ensure financial viability is maintained.
- From time to time undertake other specific duties, tasks or projects as may be agreed with the Manager or VP of Institutional Custody Services.
- Ensure all general enquiries with regards to the Bank’s custody products and services are answered in a timely fashion.
- Review new business for institutional clients and progress to secure additional assets under custody.
- Assist with the identification of clients and professional contacts with whom a more active and broader relationship could be developed and establish appropriate action plans in this regard, liaising closely with the Manager or VP of Institutional Custody & Business Development.
- Maintain excellent client relationships with institutional clients and establish calling programs where considered appropriate.
- Assist with the review of existing institutional custody business to ensure that such business remains financially viable and profitable.
- Consider services and products where the Bank may currently be lacking in competitiveness. Make recommendations to the Manager or VP Institutional Custody & Business Development.
The desirable candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communicator confident in dealing with all levels of personnel up to director level and at times their underlying clients, both corporate and individual.
- An innovative approach to managing the relationships including the ability to consider enhancements and improvements to existing operative processes and system functionality.
- An excellent working knowledge of local CDD, KYC requirements and BBGL account opening processes.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- The ability to cross sell and further enhance and develop existing relationships.
- The ability to quote for new business in conjunction with the AVP or VP Institutional Custody
- An excellent working knowledge of the securities markets including funds, hedge funds and other alternate investments and the dealing processes/nuances of such asset classes.
- A sound working knowledge of funds and any regulatory responsibilities we may have to them in our capacity as designated custodian