Our client is looking to recruit a HR Manager to join their office in Guernsey.
The role holder will be required to lead and manage the employer responsibilities for the offshore and expatriate workers of our client (approximately 850 employees).
- Make recommendations on changes to HR policy to ensure compliance with relevant local and international legislation and/or to improve processes
- Update staff handbooks, and other relevant documents as required.
- Contribute to the change and standardisation of HR processes to improve efficiency.
- Advise local HR teams, Crew Coordinators, Manning and HR Partners on the appropriate handling of employment issues related to client employees.
- Manage the disciplinary and grievance processes
- Liaise with internal and external solicitors regarding any potential tribunal proceedings, including representing the company at the tribunal.
- Ensure correct contracts, letters of assignment and other required documents are produced and sent to employees.
The desirable candidate will have over 10 years’ post qualification experience in HR including extensive experience of UK employment law, have experience of UK Employment tribunal process, hold a MCIPD qualification and have experience of developing a payroll or HR software system.