A bank is seeking a of Head Risk and Compliance to join their team, to undertake the following duties:
- Act as the Money Laundering Compliance Officer
- Act as the Data Protection Officer
- Contribute to the development and execution of the business unit strategy.
- Manage all risk types applicable to the operations of the Branch
- Manage Financial Crimes risk including Anti Money Laundering/Counter Terrorist Financing Risks
- Management of the in-country Compliance and Risk/ team. Plan and manage performance, skills development, talent and culture of the team in order to improve innovation and achieve efficiencies.
- Management of relations with Guernsey and South African based Risk and Compliance, Subject Matter Expert stakeholders
- Manage Regulatory universe and associated Guernsey and South African legislation impact assessments
- Accountability for the compilation of Regulatory Compliance Monitoring Plans
- Accountability for the compilation of requisite compliance and risk reports
- Oversight of the maintenance of various risk registers
The desirable candidate will have 10+ years’ compliance experience, have experience in compliance for banking Credit/Lending/Finance, etc and must be ICA qualified or studying towards this qualification.