An international specialist banking and asset management group is seeking a Head of New Business & Risk, to join a growing New Business & Risk team, to lead the team to ensure that the Bank’s clients experience an out of the ordinary onboarding/take-on service.
The New Business team is responsible for the efficient and effective:
- Onboarding/take-on of new clients in line with the company’s risk appetite, policies and procedures.
- Ongoing client risk reviews in line with the company’s risk appetite, policies and procedures and remediation of client files where required.
- Management of client data of the various systems.
- Challenge all processes and initiated work streams to change the processes where the change could enhance the team’s and/or the Bank’s client service delivery and/or risk management.
- Work with the Business Change team to review, develop, automate and implement current and new processes to improve efficiency.
- Build and maintain relationships with the Bank’s compliance team and distributions teams.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- Have a good mix of operational, compliance and financial crime and risk management knowledge and experience.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in an operational function within a bank and/or a fiduciary, with experience as a business analyst, project manager and/or change management a benefit.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a compliance or financial crime (MLRO or deputy) role would be an advantage
- Management skills to ensure a client centric approach to the day-to-day operations of the team.
- Be a self-motivated leader, who is a self-starter that can work on their own or as part of the team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as a large part of the role in talking with clients and colleagues and writing responses to clients and colleagues.