An international bank is seeking a Financial Crime Compliance Officer, to acts as assistant to the MLRO and fulfils a broad role within the team, but with a particular bias toward AML, CFT and financial crime risk management within the business.
- Provide administrative support services to the MLRO.
- Provide support services to management and staff in respect of financial crime compliance matters and act as the main liaison between the company and the team for financial crime matters.
- Take responsibility for the accuracy and execution of allocated tasks as part of the Compliance
- Monitoring Programmes
- Assist in identifying and appropriately managing compliance risks and assist in the development, enhancement and implementation of active Compliance Monitoring Programmes.
- Participate actively in the assessment of risks associated with the client base, particularly during the “take-on” and “trigger event” phases.
- Assist the Head of Risk with the implementation of tasks and controls as they apply to bank.
The desirable candidate will have the following skills:
- Good communication/interpersonal skills at all levels
- Ability to use initiative where necessary
- Solid negotiation skills and the ability to stay firm under pressure.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Suitable professional qualification(s) (ICA certificate level or STEP equivalent)
- Business minded approach
- Good risk awareness and focus
- Basic knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations