An insurance management company is seeking a Financial Account Manager to work as part of a dedicated team responsible for the day to day management of a wide variety of captive insurance companies and protected cell companies.
- First point of contact for clients in connection with accounting and investment matters.
- Presentation of the accounting and investment items at Board Meetings.
- Review and interpretation of contractual documentation to determine the appropriate accounting treatment.
- Review of management accounts, trial balances, statutory accounts and all other reporting requirements. Providing training and assistance to account preparers to ensure no errors in the final accounts.
- Work closely with the underwriters and Director to share information and deal with any issues.
- Reviewing payments and receipts. Monitoring of cash, fixed deposit, Letter of Credit and Trust Account levels and reconciliation of bank statements.
- Reviewing investment reports and analysis, including controlling and reconciling investment management purchase and sale contract notes, portfolios and calculation of capital gains and losses.
- Responsibility for the year end audit.
- Responsibility for all regulatory matters, corresponding with the GFSC and completing annual insurance returns.
The successful candidate will supervise and manage a number of insurance licensed entities.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Accountant, have a minimum of three to five years’ experience within an accounting environment and have excellent leadership, supervisory and presentation skills.