This job involves leading the finance team to provide an efficient service to the firm, by displaying a high level of technical knowledge and managerial expertise.
- To continually monitor and enhance the work review process.
- Plan resources, schedule work, monitoring progress against schedules, anticipating and avoiding potential incidents.
- Delegate effectively to the team, whilst maintaining full management control.
- Within a budgetary framework and with full accountability, take management responsibility for the finance function, where the measure of success depends on achieving business goals.
- Work with development of staff to prepare for new or changed services, and with internal and external support staff.
- Review the team work load regularly to ensure that backlogs do not occur.
The desirable candidate will hold an ACA/ACCA qualification or equivalent or have 15 years’ knowledge/experience in a senior finance role, have in-depth accounting and technical expertise, excellent communication skills and the ability to develop effective relationships at all levels.