The Finance Manager supports the Guernsey Finance Director and will be responsible for all aspects of financial control for the Guernsey office.
- Manage a small accounting team, including determining priorities, management and coaching of staff and completion of the performance management process; identify training and development needs and ensure that they are met through adequate, timely training opportunities either internally or externally.
- Manage the monthly financial reporting close process, reviewing variance explanations and approving reported data.
- Plan, prepare and review annual financial statements as part of the annual external audits, acting as the primary liaison between internal partners and auditors.
- Manage the preparation and completion of all applicable financial reports, including submissions to the Guernsey regulator.
Skills and experience required:
- Expertise in financial control/reporting and critical accounting related concepts.
- Ability to provide direction and leadership to manage staff members and champion new initiatives.
- Excellent analytical and evaluation skills combined with considerable attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt to various audiences.
- Flexible approach to process changes and variable workloads.
- Ability to make sound decisions and resolve problems before they escalate.
- Thorough business knowledge and big picture understanding that is likely to have been gained through eight or more years of relevant accounting work experience.