Our client is seeking a Facilities Officer, to help support the security, maintenance, services and facilities of Guernsey’s office and to ensure that the Company meets the needs of the organisation and its employees.
- Ensure that the Office environment and security are maintained and any problems resolved.
- Inform staff of any major problems and when resolution will be made.
- Organising refurbishment, repairs and maintenance of the Offices.
- Dealing with suppliers and supervising / coordinating the work of contractors.
- Liaising with Service engineers and other third parties.
- Maintenance and overview of workplace environment to include furniture, IT, health and safety etc.
- Co-ordinating all the contractors involved, for example, furniture, suppliers, electricians, removal people etc.
- Arranging a review of all stored items in conjunction with team managers to see what can be archived or destroyed.
- Directing and planning for waste disposal and recycling.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Knowledge of services.
- Communicates (verbally and through written work) information in a clear and concise manner.
- Holds a relevant professional qualification, e.g. Health & Safety, I.O.S.H. Managing Safely.
- Ability to manage stakeholders’ expectation with regards to delivery, escalating concerns as appropriate.
- Ability to handle issues, provide flexible options and recommendations and escalates as appropriate.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to make minor repairs within the building.