Our client is looking for a new Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer to work on contract from 1st July until the end of November 2019, with potential of it being extended.
The purpose of the role is to act as Deputy MLRO and deputise for the MLRO in their absence.
To ensure independent assurance of Financial Crime Compliance to internal and external obligations through a coordinated programme of Assurance Reviews and Compliance Monitoring.
To assist the Head, Compliance, Guernsey (who is also an Executive Director and the nominated officer, and the MLRO in the implementation of the vision strategy and compliance plan.
- An educational background to degree level is preferred either in law, business, financial crime or accounting (including a relevant qualification such as the ICA Financial Crime Compliance, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years working within Financial Services preferably with experience in offshore Fiduciary environment with knowledge of fiduciary products and services.
- Holds or has recently held a Deputy MLRO position and/or holds or has held a Management position within Financial Crime Compliance team for at least 3-5 years.
- Strong analytical skills including experience of drafting reports for/and presenting to senior management
- The ability to multi-task across many fields involving potentially complex projects and multiple teams