An international financial service is seeking a Credit Manager to be a key member of the senior credit management team, . This role is to support and deputise for the Head of Credit Services in Guernsey including management of members of the Credit Services team to ensure business and personal goals are achieved / exceeded. This is a varied and challenging position, making a positive and forward looking contribution to the strategic direction, management and growth of Credit Services globally by delivering high quality structured credit accommodations within the framework of Corporate Credit Policy and risk appetite to the wide range of clients on competitive commercial terms.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Proactively manage, develop, train and motivate Partners to achieve business goals and objectives and reach their own personal ambitions.
- Maintain the provision of high quality Credit Services to existing clients.
- Working with the Sales and Relationship Management teams, actively participate in growing the credit portfolio, facilitating the cross sell of other services to clients and prospects, and attracting and cultivating opportunities that fit within corporate credit policy and risk appetite.
- Attend and actively participate in prospective client calls and visits to discuss opportunities and develop and deepen client relationships.
- Maintain an awareness of collateral levels and terms and conditions for all credit facilities, escalating breaches to clients as appropriate.
- In conjunction with internal and/or external legal, prepare, review and record credit and security documentation ensuring that it reflects the client’s requirements, the terms of approval as well as adhering to current procedures, laws and regulations.
- Proven people management track record.
- Industry experience dealing with a wide range of client types and a proven track record of providing a high quality of customer service.
- Experience in (or able to demonstrate aptitude for) structuring credit facilities, assessing borrower risk, and negotiating legal documents.
- Demonstrate technical ability - including understanding of Fund types, Fund structures and asset classes.
- Familiarity with custody and fund administration products and services.
- High level computer literacy is also required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical approach and the ability to produce and deliver clear and concise verbal and written reporting