A small independent Trust company is seeking a Compliance Officer/ Senior Compliance Officer to report directly to the Directors.
The role holder will provide day to day compliance advisory support and monitoring services to licensed fiduciary and investment business, to include the following:
- Handle all day to day queries from the business regarding regulatory and AML/CFT obligations the business, its clients, its directors and employees.
- Work with the directors and senior management to build and maintain open and cooperative relationships with the GFSC and other relevant regulators
- Coordinate submission of regulatory reports returns and notifications
- Work with the directors to identify and prepare for the business impact if relevant new or amended laws, regulations, rules and guidance
- Maintain a risk-based compliance monitoring programme including relevant tests to monitor the business' compliance with regulatory and AML/CFT obligations and internal policies, procedures and controls.
- Attend and provide formal reports to the Board at quarterly Board meetings and provide relevant reports and updates to the management committee.
- Maintain and update various compliance registers and logs
- Act as nominated officer and assist the MLRO with their duties
- Act as Data Protection Officer / Representative, advising on data protection requirements, handle subject access requests, aid the business to implement effective data protection policies and procedures
Applicants must have 5 years relevant experience in trust, private equity and fund/investments, hold an ICA Certificate/Diploma in AML or Compliance (or equivalent qualification), have extensive knowledge of compliance and the regulatory and AML/CFT environments and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.