Private Equity Fund Experts have a new opening for a Compliance Manager to support their Senior Compliance Manager and to assist in managing the Guernsey compliance team which includes oversight of the compliance function for the Guernsey funds service and potentially trust businesses.
Key Duties includes:
- Oversee the compliance monitoring programme for the fund service business.
- Hold ‘prescribed person” role of MLRO for client Licensees.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to the Guernsey compliance team.
- Deputise for the Senior Compliance Manager at client board meetings and internal committee meetings when the Senior Compliance Manager is unavailable.
- Review relevant laws, codes and guidance notes to ensure policies and procedures are up to date.
- Liaise with the GFSC as required directly and via the Portal
- Provide support for the provision of timely and accurate compliance reports to client boards.
- Promote a positive compliance culture.
- Design and deliver training presentations.
- Ensure knowledge of compliance (to include AML, regulations and corporate governance) is up-to-date to provide a first class advisory service.
- To participate in projects as required from time to time, plus ad-hoc duties as reasonably required for this role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience in an MLRO and compliance role, ideally with supervisory experience in the fund administration sphere.
- A relevant compliance qualification or other professional qualification.
- In depth knowledge of the fund administration business and regulatory environment.
- A competent user of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills are required (oral, written and listening) in order to deal professionally with external and internal parties at all levels.
- Constructive negotiating skills – to be concise and assertive.
- An enquiring and analytical mind with good investigative skills.