Our client is seeking a Company Secretary to help manage a small team of company administrators who are responsible for the execution of documents and who oversee and support the corporate secretarial work from a service provider.
- Assist with the management of a high paced team on all aspects of company secretarial administration and document execution to ensure that the team and servicing aspects are run effectively
- Oversight monitoring of the company secretarial service provider to ensure effective end to end organization and administration of board / committee meetings and other outsourced company secretarial duties
- Mentoring, training and development of junior team members
- Act as a primary point of contact for all Guernsey and UK company secretarial matters
- Ongoing review and enhancement of the company secretarial procedural framework to ensure the highest standards of best practice are maintained
- Deputise for the Guernsey Company Secretarial Head as required
- Coordinate the corporate governance section of Corporate and Fund Audits ensuring all relevant audit queries are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner
- Act as minute secretary for certain time critical board / committee meetings
- Act as a trusted technical adviser on company secretarial and corporate governance matters to executive directors, non-executive directors and global colleagues at all levels
The desirable candidate will be professionally qualified - ICSA (ACG / FCG), have proven company secretarial experience (3+ years post qualification) gained working with Guernsey / UK boards within the finance industry (private equity a plus) and have a strong working knowledge of Guernsey company law (UK company law a plus) as well as regulatory and industry requirements.