An investment management company is seeking a Business Support Administrator, to provide administrative support to the business, ensuring efficient operation of office facilities, accurate administration and record-keeping of bank accounts and cost-effective use of company resources.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- General office administration, including post, answering telephones and arranging couriers.
- Monitor bank accounts and request adequate funding by Group Finance to pay office expenses and bills as approved by a Senior Official on a timely basis, reconcile bank account and submit monthly financial information to Finance and maintain proper records for audit.
- Oversee contracts including office machinery, telephones, cleaning and any other services appropriate to the efficient operation of the office.
- Maintain asset register and ensure adequate cover is maintained within the Combined Office insurance policy.
- Ensure HR Administration is completed on a timely basis, including that in relation to Health, Dental & Travel schemes.
- Book training courses and seminars as requested by Management and maintain accurate employee training records.
The desirable candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Basic knowledge of book-keeping & accounting
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan, organise & prioritise effectively
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Educated to minimum GCSE standard
- Previous administration experience