A commercial company is seeking a Business Analyst, to assist the Business Intelligence Analyst in preparing and delivering accurate and timely business information from multiple systems. They will prepare routine reports covering many different business activities as well as assisting with the compiling of data for ad-hoc and project-based work.
The desirable candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Possesses intermediate or advanced numeracy and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to advise and influence across a range of key stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems effectively and efficiently often within tight deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail with a proven ability of working with large and complex volumes of data in order to manipulate the data with accuracy and focus into a user-friendly format.
- Strong IT skills and an advanced knowledge of working with MS Excel is essential.
- A minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent in either Mathematics, Statistics or IT is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of SQL and working with databases is desirable but not essential.
- A good understanding of marketing principles is desirable but not essential.