Our client is seeking a Board Servicing Manger to manage the board relationship aspect for a portfolio of Guernsey and non-Guernsey, listed and unlisted entities with the minimum of supervision in a professional, effective, and high quality manner.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
Board Relationship Management:
- Principal point of contact for client/fund Boards & Non-Executive Directors (“NEDs”)
- Co-ordinate and ensure smooth delivery of service to client Boards by anticipating the needs of the Boards and taking responsibility for delivering the client meeting experience
- Liaise with internal and external service providers to the client/fund Boards
- On-boarding new business in tandem with the New Business Team/Client Relationship Manager
- Act as Company Secretary to the funds at board meetings
- Act as Minute Taker in board meetings
Corporate Governance guidance:
- Undertake reviews of the Company and Board against the latest key Corporate Governance Codes (AIC, UK and Guernsey)
- Provide guidance on regulatory, reporting, compliance and stock exchange obligations impacting client/fund Boards and project manage as applicable, often with support from Corporate Broker/Investment Manager
- Monitor and implement (on behalf of the board where required), regulation changes (e.g. new 2016 Market Abuse Regulation/ FATCA/CRS/AIFMD etc).
Corporate Actions, Company Changes & Reporting:
- Work with various internal and external service providers to implement corporate actions, such as:
- Stock Exchange Listings
- Redemption/tender offers
- Tap issues/additional market share offerings
The ideal candidate will hold at least 5 years’ experience in a similar corporate governance, relationship management, corporate secretarial or board servicing role. Legal (fund/corporate) experience would also be useful and have a good knowledge of the offshore fund industry particularly with regard to the statutory and regulatory requirements for Guernsey based collective investment schemes and associated vehicles.