A private bank is seeking an AVP in Settlements to manage the day-to-day activities of the Custody Services Settlements team, to maximise its operational efficiency, and to identify and control operational risks.
- Plan, organise and control the activities of the team, ensuring that time critical deadlines, dictated by internal and external service providers are met.
- Act as escalation point to team members for any onerous queries or problems, ensuring successful resolution.
- Bring to the attention of the MLRO, any accounts or transactions causing the jobholder to be suspicious of money laundering activity on the part of any client.
- Train, instruct and motivate staff on the day-to-day requirements regarding the processing and recording of custody records and transactions.
- Maintain ongoing in-job training for all Custody Operations personnel, where needs are identified.
- Control the investigation of all queries so they are answered in an efficient and timely manner.
- Identify and advise the department head of any clients with whom a wider relationship could be envisaged.
- Sound knowledge and experience of the rules and workings of global stock exchange procedures, established practices adopted by brokers and overseas agents, world-wide banking practices.
- Sound knowledge of the securities regulatory environment in Guernsey and internationally as relevant to the Guernsey Custody operations.
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Personal organisation, prioritisation, time management and delegation skills.