A major accounting firm is looking to recruit an Audit Manager, to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. The Manager will also provide assistance to Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasions the wider firm. On occasion may become involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
- Act as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the Partner. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Responsible for the financial management of a portfolio of clients.
- Complete assignments within agreed budgets and timescales and identify opportunities for additional billings.
- Ensure assignments are staffed with the appropriate mix of knowledge and skills required.
- Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities with new and existing clients, and inform the Partner and client as appropriate.
- Support Partners and Senior Managers in the development of new business relationships and business Recruit, retain, develop and motivate our employees, which includes participating in graduate recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees.
The desirable candidate will be ACA/ACCA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent, be educated to a degree level, have previous experience in managing people and have a good working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements. They must also have experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures and previous project management experience.