A large commercial company is seeking an Assistant Payroll Manager to provide advice and guidance to managers and staff on all payroll, benefits and pension related matters.
- Checking and auditing all the monthly payroll submissions, liaising with managers on any queries and escalating to the Payroll Manager as necessary.
- Working with the Payroll Manager and the wider HR Team to ensure managers are complying with all payroll related deadlines and procedures.
- Provide holiday and absence cover for inputting all monthly payroll data
- Assist the Payroll Manager with the execution of the monthly payroll including checking all payroll due diligence reports.
- Assist the Payroll Manager in building, preparing and running a wide range of payroll reports each month on both a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Oversee the administration of the Company’s various pension and benefit schemes including preparing reconciliations, processing membership requests, submission of monthly pension schedules, liaising with the scheme suppliers on all queries and ensuring all leaver information is processed.
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of all statutory reporting including submission of tax, national insurance, social security returns
The desirable candidate will have the following skills:
- Experience of processing and executing payroll
- Good understanding of payroll legislation in either Guernsey, Jersey or the UK
- Strong attention to detail with ability to audit large volumes of data accurately and consistently
- Strong IT skills with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload in order to meet often conflicting deadlines