An international bank is seeking an Assistant Manager, to join their Credit Risk & Control to work as part of Credit Risk & Control team.
- Customer credit facility application assessment and approval
- Credit excesses (excess without Limit, limit excesses and security shortfalls) oversight and sampling – to oversee the performance of the business in the management of customer credit excesses.
- Counterparty credit limits and exposures – administration, application, monitoring and reporting.
- Credit Risk internal and external reporting and management information – administer, prepare and assess credit risk internal and external reporting and management information for internal and external stakeholders.
- Governance – contribute to the governance framework and operations across the Bank for credit risk (e.g. contributing relevant reporting and attendance to the Risk Management Meeting).
- Approve customer credit facility applications within the respective delegated approval authority (or recommending to the requisite level approval authority).
The successful candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade ‘C’ or above (or equivalent)
- Good tertiary level education
- A relevant professional qualification (considered desirable)
- Core Credit and general banking skills including with credit risk, lending and security principles experience
- Good research ability to establish arguments that are well constructed to ensure the optimal added value to the credit and business
- Sound knowledge of operational, accounting, legal, general banking and credit risk across the full range of products
- Good understanding of credit portfolio techniques, management information and analytics
- Good understanding of other areas of risk, e.g. operational risk