Our client is looking to recruit an Assistant Director to join their Banking and Insurance department.
- Assisting the Director and Deputy Directors in the development of supervisory practice.
- Supervising applicants in accordance with the regulatory legal framework and providing advice to team members on unusual or complex matters arising from:
- New Applications
- Notifications of changes of controller of applicants or changes in directors and managers
- Other notifications and submissions required under the relevant regulatory law(s), to include reports and financial statements
- Any other information affecting an applicant’s ability to meet the organisation’s criteria, including domestic and international environmental risks and parental risks
- Complaints against applicants
- Assessing trends and supervisory themes with the Director and Deputy Directors.
- Planning and co-ordinating risk assessments re on-site visits to applicants.
- Providing advice on supervisory matters in relation to analysis of risks to be considered on-site and personally leading some visits, according to the nature of the visit and skill set and experience of staff.
- Reviewing post-visit feedback by team members and proposed follow-up of matters identified.
- Assisting the Director and Deputy Directors in the preparation of press releases and articles for publication.
The ideal candidate for this role will have technical banking and/or insurance knowledge, strong communication skills, excellent time management and previous experience of managing a team.