A privately-owned fiduciary company is seeking an Assistant Accounts Manager, to assist the Accounts Manager and Director with the day to day management of the account’s team, reporting to the Accounts Manager.
Duties will include:
- Review of accounts prepared by team members and external accountants for pensions, trusts, companies including PCC companies and Limited Partnerships.
- Preparation of accounts to final stage for pensions, trusts, companies including PCC companies and Limited Partnerships.
- Completion and review of Guernsey tax computations, dividend warrant, HMRC Non-Resident Company returns, Trust and Estate returns.
- Understanding and assisting the pension administrators as and when required for a variety of duties to include Benefit Calculations, Technical reviews of benefit levels depending on pension Member’s residency – tracking UK tax relieved funds.
- Assist the Accounts Manager with development and training of all staff as and when applicable, including the annual appraisal process.
- Assist with the management and supervision of a team of bookkeepers and accounts preparers, including review and work allocation.
The desirable candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Attention to detail
- Full understanding of basic book keeping skills
- Minimum basic level of Microsoft suite including excel and word.
- Accounts qualification, or significant industry experience (Minimum 5 years’ experience).
- Good presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and desire to continuously learn
- Navision systems use
- Advanced excel skills