A financial firm is looking to recruit an Accounts Payable Analyst, to have local oversight by the Guernsey Finance Manager but with a direct reporting line in to the Head of Accounts Payable. The role holder will be responsible for the following duties:
- Processing invoices and expenses in a workflow-based application
- Support the staff in various locations with regard to questions on invoice and expense processing or payments
- Preparation of weekly payment runs
- Maintenance of static data of vendors and employees in the various accounting applications
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Ensure sufficient funding (for salary, invoice and expense payments) at all times.
- Support the monthly closing process (e.g. accruals, reconciliations).
The desirable candidate will have the following attributes:
- A’ level Accounting and/or a degree/higher education in a business or accounting related subject
- Experienced in the accounts payable area (at least 2 years)
- Independent, exact and reliable working attitude
- Experienced in the use of MS office (especially Excel) is a must
- German and/or French language skills are beneficial