Our client has a new vacancy for an Accountant - Corporate Functions, for a candidate who is professionally qualified with either ACA/ACCA or equivalent qualification (minimum AAT/CAT or equivalent), with 3 or more years of experience in an accounting/bookkeeping role or audit practice.
The role primarily focuses on cast accounting and reporting for the Company's Guernsey Branch including:
- Shared responsibility for the accounts payable process for the business
- Preparation of regular journals and other ad hoc adjustments
- Providing analysis and commentary on entity and functional operating costs for daily, monthly and quarterly reporting
- Regular reconciliation of related balance sheet accounts
- Control of cost allocations including calculation of allocations, maintenance of mapping and allocations tables and review and booking of monthly allocations
- Beyond cost accounting the role also involves control over the client fee income collection process, including reconciling relevant accounts and processing adjustments and corrections in collaboration with front office.
The role will also involve contributing to the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance process, including documentation and testing of financial controls implemented by colleagues.
The desirable candidate will have the following attributes:
- Have excellent time management and analytical skills, knowing how to prioritize work
- Experience in providing analysis of financial information and management reporting
- Experience in a financial services business preferable