With the great news that was delivered yesterday by our States members, that Guernsey will be entering into phase 5, to the population’s delight, a lot of people have been asking when will employers start recruiting again.
Over the last fortnight we have been asking our clients to take part in our lockdown survey to find out how local clients feel their business was affected and how long it will be before they see regular recruitment resuming.
Here are the results!
- 43% said lockdown had neither a positive nor negative impact on their overall business operations
- 30% said lockdown had a somewhat positive impact on their overall business operations
- 19% said lockdown had a somewhat negative impact on their overall business operations.
56% of clients stated they were unable to take on new staff during lockdown, whilst 43% had no issues with taking on new staff.
The next big question that everyone will be eager to know is how long before our clients see recruitment being back in full swing!
- 23% 1-3 weeks
- 15% 4-8 weeks
- 26% 2-4 months
- 15% 4+ months
The UK isn’t seeing as positive a picture unfortunately. The latest REC UK survey on jobs showed a continued decline in recruitment in May 2020. Below are the key findings from the report:
- Permanent placements and temp requirements decline further amid recruitment freezes.
- Availability of workers rises at quickest rate since July 2009.
- Weak demand for staff leads to downward pressure on pay.
Here at Situations we have been back in the office for one full week now and are loving being back in the normal routine. Within the first week back we received 13 new vacancies from various clients!
Despite the global pandemic, we have had a 36% increase (year on year) in qualified professional new candidates registering with us. So, let us get you back on track for a successful 2020.
Contact us today to find your new employee! firstname.lastname@example.org